Members of the Chihuahua Club of Northern California pledge to uphold the goals of the club as set forth in the Club’s Constitution and Bylaws, to encourage good sportsmanship in the sport of dogs, and to set an example of honorable business practices when dealing with any person.
Code of Ethics
Members of the Chihuahua Club of Northern California further pledge:
– To uphold the American Kennel Club rules applying to Dog Shows and Registration, particularly as regards to the maintenance of complete and accurate breeding records. (Adopted from the Chihuahua Club of America)
– To accept and uphold the Standard of the Chihuahua as developed by the Chihuahua Club of America and approved by the American Kennel Club.
– To breed only AKC registered Chihuahuas with the aim of maintaining or improving the qualities of the breed as set forth in the Standard and not for personal gain. Club members will never knowingly sell puppies to wholesalers, laboratories, or to pet stores and will encourage any puppy buyer to behave similarly.
– To serve as examples of good sportsmanship in every aspect of the sport of dogs, and to assist and befriend newcomers and novices to the best of their ability.
– To keep ourselves informed in the areas of dog health and genetics and to carefully screen all breeding stock for hereditary faults or disqualifying defects, removing ay questionable animals from our breeding programs.
– To conduct all our kennel practices in a clear, honorable, and open fashion, and to use written agreements or contracts whenever possible.